Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Report by Steve

It's past midnight, but there's so much to share.  I wanted to write and make sure everyone knows we are doing very well, and enjoyed a great day in Rivne.  The services were a blessing this morning.  I felt completely comfortable preaching.  In spite of not having a guitar hanging across me, the Lord equipped me for the task!  I preached on 2 Peter 3.  The passage calls us to live holy lives, knowing that the Lord is returning soon.  Truly, the Lord answered my prayers and provided us with favor among the congregation, and I sensed their attentiveness and warmth as a church as I preached.  Truly, I felt a very real connection as an American brother in Christ, as a part of the one Church of Christ.

We enjoyed a generous meal from Tolli and his wife in their home, and spent the afternoon walking the streets of downtown Rivne with Tolli's daughter Zjenja and her husband Victor.  It was a great day.  Tonight, we ate dinner with Costa and Eugenia.  Eugenia was unable to serve in Ozero this year, but has been an important part of the team in previous years, leading the singing and ministering to the children.

House of the Gospel sanctuary


Preparing Sunday lunch with granddaughter Sasha
Victor and Zjenja (Pastor Tolli's daughter and our interpreter)

1 comment: